'A fresh salad on the table to enjoy'
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 avocados
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup sugar snaps or fresh green peas
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Sea or mountain salt & black pepper
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp hemp butter (or any kind of seed butter, such as tahini)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (or sesame oil)
- 4-5 tbsp natural water
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
Salad: Cook the brown rice and when ready rinse it under natural water by using a strainer. Peel and slice the avocados and carrots, prepare the sugar peas. Chop the fresh herbs, mint and parsley leaves. Place the cooked rice, veggies and herbs in a big bowl and then add the pistachios, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
Hemp dressing: To prepare the dressing, squeeze the lime. In a blender or mixing jar add the lime juice, hemp butter, olive oil, water and tamari and mix all the ingredients until you get a light creamy consistency. Add the dressing just before serving to keep the salad crispy.